RSS

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Running and getting nowhere

Well, that isn't really true. I went 1.05 miles and learned some lessons.

I started the Couch to 5K program. And, yes, there's a app for that.

I couldn't do the first day completely. I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm just taking it a day at a time. I did two and half of the running segments and did 24 minutes total. That is more than I did yesterday. I figure when my thigh goes numb, it is time to stop running. Next try at it, I warm up more and shoot for another of the running segments and completing the entire 33 minutes walking where the running is on the other segments. Last weekend, I walked 6/10 of a mile. This weekend, I walked/jogged 1.05 miles. That is an improvement. That is progress. So what if the 9 week program takes me 18 weeks or 27 weeks? As long as I do more, I am doing better.

Oh, and I learned something else, too. Do not take a child with ADHD with you, especially when she hasn't had her ADHD medication and is babbling the whole time. This is not conducive to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment