RSS

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A new day

It is nearly 3 pm. I have so far today talked to my SO, washed some laundry, did the grocery shopping, got Bird up and doing some chores, updated the desktop (since it hasn't been on in weeks, it needs a LOT of updating).

The doggers are busily laying on the rug, shedding fur all over it. Good thing I haven't vacuummed yet or I would be irritated.

Need to make my list of things to do this week. Call the post office and see if I can find out why two extremely important pieces of information didn't get here to me. One was Bird's ADHD medication prescription. Enclosed with that was paperwork the doctor needed to fill out so I could get some help with copays. And it is lost somewhere. The school was thankful my wonderful sister in law was able to brave the terrors of driving down to Children's Hospital to pick up a replacement.

Another thing on my list is briefly beating myself up for not being able to deal better with my mother and not spending today with her before she moves. Not allowing myself to beat myself up more than for a few minutes. I've done what I could.

My next self-improvement project is quitting smoking. I'm only allowing myself a 5 pound weight gain in the next four months while I'm working on this.

Put up the ashtray. Tomorrow morning, smoking will only be allowed outside. That's gonna kill me. But that is the first step I am taking.

Tomorrow morning, back on the Wii regularly and using the resistance band, balance ball, weights, stepper. Create a schedule of when I'm doing what. Stick to it.

Also tomorrow, I call my doctor to find out why my diuretic refill is for half the dosage it has been for at least the last year. I had talked to him about starting to try to wean myself off but it hasn't been going well. My feet and legs still swell. After two days on the lower dosage, it was starting to hurt to walk and I had put on four pounds. I doubled up on it yesterday and today and the weight is back down and my legs feel better. I need to get in better shape and lose more weight before I try to reduce the dosage.

Work. Oh, that's a given. But, I'm looking forward to the week coming up after this one. Three day weekend, two day work week, four day weekend.

Get more work done figuring out the financial aid for college. I'm working on being able to take courses from Western Governor's University. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Bird is having gastrointestingal issues. I will have to wait until after the first of the year to take her to yet another specialist. Ice cream does it to her...but not all ice creams. Just the less expensive ones. And possibly Dairy Queen. Might have been the wedding cake at her cousin's wedding, too. Oh, and now it seems to be chocolate fudge pop tarts but not brown sugar cinnamon. We are keeping records and I am researching who to take her to. Allergist or gastroenterologist? I'm not sure.

Make a study place. Well, two of them. One for me and one for Bird.

Start learning to meditate. I need order in some aspect of my life. My mind and soul would be a good place to start.

And, on Wednesday, we have Subway for Bird's 15th birthday! I hope the cake I got for her doesn't mess with her tummy.

2 comments:

{sue} said...

It must be the time of year. I was making a mental list of resolutions today too. Good luck with yours.

Happy birthday to Bird!

(I forgot to say yesterday, thanks for the suggestions about the ABCs and numbers. I think that is exactly our problem!)

TooOldForThis said...

Bird has has part of her 504 plan a keyed lock for her locker. She had trouble remembering the combination to a regular lock because the numbers were random and meant nothing to her. Another part of the 504 is for her to have manipulatives to help with concepts she's having trouble grasping. I fear she might need it with Algebra, Geometry and physics...and she's a freshman!

Post a Comment