This is pretty amazing. As someone who was never conventionally "pretty", this does speak to me. Don't get me wrong...I was never ugly. But, I was never pretty. And my mother never led me to believe I was. That was the first way I was a disappointment to her. *shrugs* Oh, well...that's life. I am what I am and know not how to be anyone else. And that's okay.
Bird watched it. Predictably, she got caught up on one word. Figures. Oh, well, she is 15. But, I hope she took at least some of it to heart.
Meanwhile, got the call tonight. She got into the Stanford study! Finally! We've first contacted them a year ago! She'll finally be able to get the educational testing she needs. Maybe we'll be able to pinpoint what the issues all are and finally be able to develop a workable plan to help her cope with them.
Waiting to hear back from the school. I hate school issues. Like the teacher that told Bird that she could turn in an assignment a day late for half credit. Uh, no. She has a 504 plan that gives her extended time. The teacher said she had 4 weeks to do the project. The project? Find pictures that illustrated various angles. Unbeknownst to me, she was actually using the protractor to measure the angles...but only the right angles. What? She's CDO (that's OCD but alphabetical like it should be...). I finally got through to the teacher that you can't give Bird a project like that and then just walk away. Then another teacher apparently told her, when she tried to explain how missing a night of homework throws her even farther behind, that maybe she shouldn't have missed a night of homework. Uh, she was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Anyway, the endo and ADHD doctor appts have been moved up three weeks. Took her into the pediatrician last week and the pediatrician became concerned when she heard everything all together - the food problems, the dizziness, the nearly passing out, the blurry vision. Told me to call the other two docs and see what they said. ADHD doc wants to reduce the Vyvanse, thinking it is making her hyperfocus. Also mentioned potentially putting her on something for the OCD symptoms and suggested melatonin for her to get to sleep at night. I suggested switching the blasted ADHD meds.
All in all, Bird is pretty wonderful, pretty amazing, pretty smart, pretty creative, pretty fun.

4 comments:
Ugh. So much going on. It sucks that we have to practice medicine without a license sometimes and try to figure out what it all means.
I hope you get to the bottom of the passing out. And YAY on the Stanford Study!
Whoa. I just watched that video. Wow.
I hope that was wow in a good way lol
Yes! Amazing!!
Post a Comment