Been way too long since I checked in. I've been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Overtime kicked in and then there's school (going quite well, thankyouverymuch...completed 18 CUs in my first term!).
Bird is doing okay, I think. No more shots since February. She is 5'! Well, technically 4'11 7/8" but that is close enough to call it 5'. Now we're on to the next hormone therapy and that is going well, too. But, most importantly, there are changes in her behavior. She is (for better or worse) acting more like a teenager.
The medication costs are still killing me and I was soooo excited to see Concerta go generic...until I found out that for probably the next year it will save the insurance company money but won't save me any. *fume*
My mother is my mother. She isn't happy where she is but, then again, she won't be happy anywhere. Her memory is worse than ever and, unfortunately, the only time she is happy is on days when her memory is really, really bad. She came to stay for a few days in May and really seemed to enjoy herself. That was good. I'm trying to figure out when I can get her again for a few days. Her dog, also known as the demon from Hell, still lives with us but she doesn't remember her unless she is here. My mother thinks my brother's dog was hers otherwise. In too many pictures already, she just looks...absent. It is painful to watch.
Spent a week in NJ for work. It was really lovely, actually. Very nice and the workshop was interesting. Work is busybusybusy and I feel like I'm drowning. But I keep smiling and plugging away.
Will write more often, I promise for anyone who might possibly be out there reading. For now, enough procrastination and back to homework.

No comments:
Post a Comment