RSS

Monday, June 20, 2011

This thing and that thing and the other thing

In and amongst all the overtime and homework, I've actually been reading. Well, I have to do something since the new Dresden Files won't be out for several more weeks. Anyway, I've been reading My Jesus Year by Benyamin Cohen. It's the story of an Orthodox Jew, son of a rabbi, who spends a year attending Christian churches to find his faith. I am enjoying this book so much. I empathize with Benyamin.

It has been quite a while since I've been to church. My church closed and I have not found another to attend yet. I'm one of the odd ducks that find something lacking in the "praise" music and contemporary services. In many ways, I find them somewhat spiritually sterile. I am also the person you will see praying silently during communion, tears in my eyes. But finding a church home seems to be beyond my grasp at the moment. I miss, achingly miss, communion. I miss the hymns. Even, believe it or not, the sermons. But I still haven't found a church home. I don't know quite why. Maybe it is fear of getting my heart broken again, choosing the wrong church and it closing. Maybe it is fear of finding somewhere I am comfortable and spiritually challenged and spiritually fulfilled and that I will become so extremely involved that I can't do everything else I need to do in my life.

So, as so much else in my life, I put it on the back burner. Not my faith, but my search for a church.

Well, it is late. No idea why I am still up other than to simply bore you to death.

Another busy day tomorrow. Tonight was overtime. Tomorrow night I will split between overtime and homework. I need to make sure I balance the OT and homework better. My work is getting behind and I'm getting burnt out on the homework. My next test is July 5 and I've finished the course work so now I need to do reviewing and practice tests. Next course up on the agenda after this will be natural science. Honestly, unnatural science sounds like a lot more fun but...

Okay, bed time! Night, faceless people!

No comments:

Post a Comment