RSS

Sunday, September 25, 2011

So hard...

Bird looked lovely in her purple dress for homecoming last night. Although, I could have gone without the whole hour to flat iron her hair. She has more hair than 3 people should have.

Today, I drove her to the funeral home for visitation for her school mate. It was difficult. I am still so angry. I know it is unreasonable and it is unhealthy but I am having a hard time moving past it. How could he do this to his family? His friends? And, apparently, no answers. Getting suspended? That isn't a reason. There has to have been something. And I am angry.

I couldn't help but browse through Google+ and his page, his friends' pages. I was, to put it mildly, disturbed. Fourteen year old girls flaunting their immature cleavage on unprotected pages. The nastiness in posts. These are children growing up way too soon. I wonder where there parents are? Why aren't they monitoring what these kids are doing online?

I used to worry that Bird was so behind the other kids her age. Now I'm glad she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment