So, I was browsing around online the other night and visited some other blogs I read occaisionally. I wasn't wasting time. I was just overwhelmed and really wishing that, once in a while, I could be underwhelmed. Instead of doing all the things I should have been doing, I was just browsing and reading blogs. I sometimes read Moderate Means, Thift Store Mama, and Laundry for Six, among others.
As if I wasn't feeling overwhelmed enough, Moderate Means and Thrift Store Mama both have diet blogs. Hmmm, guilt set in. I haven't been doing my exercising. The eating is going okay it is the exercise I have really slacked off on this month. I can tell, too. I'm crankier.
A new leaf today. I was going to exercise. Laundress Sue had mentioned the Couch to 5K program before and I tried it once but it so did not go well. I was going to do that. And, yes, there is an app for that. Thank goodness. No way I could concentrate on not tripping and time the walk and run portions. I made a deal with myself. If I did this, went out and did the exercise, I could have hot wings. They are my downfall. I haven't had any real ones with breading and everything in a while. I crave them constantly. I do the exercise, I get hot wings. I'm pitiful. I have to bribe myself.
Anyway, I got in my exercise gear and, when Bird was picked up to go to a carnival with her mentor, I went to the track. I had my sweat band, wrist band, towel, water bottle, iTouch complete with C2K app and music progammed in. I stretched and warmed up. Fired 'er up and got to walking. First running segment my hand went numb. This is not normal. Took off the wrist band. Feeling came back. Great, I'm too fat to wear the wrist band. Made it most of the way through that segment, though. Walking segment went okay. Next running segment, my right baby toe started going numb and tingly. Grrrrr. I decided to walk through the next running segment.
As time went on, my right foot felt worse. All the toes were going numbish and the bottom of my foot. Meanwhile, my left ankle started hurting. That was probably because I was favoring my other foot a bit. I decided not to do the running anymore. I just walked faster during the running segments. I made it all the way through, though. So, it will take me longer than 9 weeks. I can live with that. I'll get there.
I think what happened with my foot is that I wore those shoes all day at work and my feet were tired of them. They are the Skecher Shape Ups and are heavier, to me, than other shoes. I think I also need to stretch and warm up more. And maybe it was too much to get into all at once. First week, I'll do it walking, slower and faster. Next week, start doing some running. Build up a little slower. Adjust and move on. As long as I'm putting one step in front of the other, I'm not sitting and vegetating.
Yes, I let myself have hot wings. I paired them with a nice salad with fat free dressing.

No comments:
Post a Comment