Waiting for Friday for school to start. I'm nervous as a long tailed cat in a roomful of rocking chairs.
Got the new-to-me washer yesterday and got the laundry room cleaned up and the new washer hooked up. Great to be doing my own laundry! Of course, there is always a glitch. The cold water faucet is leaking and I will have to replace it. That is going to be tomorrow night's activity. I hope. the shut off valve isn't working well, either. Grrrrr That means I have to shut off all the water to the house to get this done. Grrrrr
So, this week I have a meeting with Bird's teachers, ADHD doctor appt., work and school starting. It is a full week.
Hit a couple of garage sales hoping to find some shelves. Too many tsotskes and not enough display space. I will stick my fingers in my ears and sing "It's a Small World" very loudly if you start telling me I have too many tsotskes and I need to thin them out.
Not a single suitable set of bookshelves or anything that would work. However, I get brownie points for not buying that roll top desk I saw. Always wanted one. I passed it up, though. I was a good girl.
However, I did find a moon chair for Bird and she's been wanting one. And a new dressy dress. And a shirt. And a housecoat. Bird made out like a bandit. Also found a laptop over the lap thing for working in bed. Has legs. A light. Neat little thing. And I found a new coffee cup. Yeah, I know. I need a new coffee cup like a hole in the head but this is an identical one to one I had years ago that was stolen. It was my work cup and someone stole it. It says, "Stress: The almost uncontrollable urge to beat the crap out of someone who desperately deserves it".
So, no shelves.
I got the cats a new covered litter box, too. One of the cats is having an issue getting downstairs to use the box and I thought a covered one might help keep the Big Dog out of it. He likes the tootsie rolls he finds in there. Cats hate it. Just my luck. Will not use it. My cats are irritating.
C'mon Friday! I want to get this started.

No comments:
Post a Comment