I had two extra days off this week (love these four day weekends) and last night I felt very virtuous that I put down in my Outlook Task list a lot of the things I really needed to get done today. I even put in alerts to remind me to actually look at the task list. Started the time at 8 AM. So, got up on time, got Bird to school about on time (we're having trouble with that). When I walked the dogs, I multi-tasked. While they were doing their duty, I did squats. I hope no neighbors were watching. I'm sure it looked a little odd. Then, while waiting for Bird to finish getting ready, I did more squats. I did 30 squats this morning, nonexistent readers. Thirty! Anyway, when I got home from taking Bird to school, I booted up the computer and the alerts started popping up. I looked at them, honest. I really did. Then, I decided it was a really good morning for a nap so I turned off the computer and did just that.
Don't judge me. It was wonderful.
Another part of the morning, I spent looking through a new webcomic I followed a link to from one of my regular web comics. I only really follow a couple of web comics. I keep forgetting to check them. But one I follow religiously because it is written by a long time online friend of mine - Life's a Witch. It makes me smile and I'm very proud of Witchy.
Well, I've added in Lackadaisy Cats. I love the art in that one. The storyline is good, too.
Well, I followed a little posting from Witchy and have now added a new webcomic to my reading list. Don't Feed the Geek. I sat here and read them all. I like to pretend I'm a geek.
Well, anyway, I decided I couldn't put things off any longer so I actually did all my tasks. Made the next endo appt, did some overtime, finished up some paperwork for the online university I want to attend.
Thought about calling my mother but the last phone call didn't go well at all. It was so sad. And was too stressful for her. She knows something is wrong with her memory and she is raging about it. I don't blame her. She is certainly not going gently into that good night.
I should be doing more overtime. However, I decided to while away the time here instead. If someone stops by to read this, leave me a note so I don't feel quite so lonely :)

1 comment:
I'm totally impressed with the squats - my creaky knees can't do them at all!
It must be so hard with your mom. Feeling guilty and wanted to keep in touch and yet, keeping in touch seems harder for her. So very hard.
And no apologizing for that nap!!
Post a Comment