RSS

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My, how time flies...

I haven't done much algebra and such since high school. I've been refreshing my knowledge of it in the last week or so since school started. I have come to the conclusion that, just like in high school, I hate math. Don't get me wrong, Numbers was a cool show. I enjoyed it a lot. Charlie was a cool mathematician. I ain't Charlie.

In other news, Bird just told me that, when she was in gym, an upper classman, touched her on the arm to stop her and asked, "Will you go on a date with me?" Okay, she's a freshman. You're a junior or a senior. No, she won't go on a date with you. Furthermore, she doesn't look like a freshman, she looks like a fifth grader. She could be a ten year old genius for all you know. No, she won't go on a date with you. Furthermore, I am capable of getting a concealed carry license. This is my baby. You will not put your fingers near her again.

Overprotective? Me? Surely not...but I am so not ready for her to date. Not.Ready.At.All. I don't care if she is fifteen. I don't care. She's my baby. She can date when she's thirty and I'm dead. That will be soon enough.

And, in other news, I'm an itchy, scratchy mess. Started getting these itchy bumps last week on my forearms and lower legs. About a dozen on each arm. Some of them have grown into long lines. They are driving me batty. Been battling fleas on the dogs and I decided the fleas were going out to dinner on me at night when the dogs take over my bed. Spent the weekend bathing dogs (both are angels when they go to the groomer, hate when I give them a bath), spraying flea spray everywhere. vacuuming, washing sheets, etc, etc, etc. Dogs are much more comfortable but I'm still getting more spots. This morning, after taking my medicine and supplements, I had a brain storm and did some research. I started taking chromium picolinate for the health benefits. One sign of an adverse reaction is a rash and/or hives. Hmmm, that could explain why no one else in the house is getting this, wouldn't it? So, took all the chromium picolinates out of the pill minder and will not take them anymore to see if these things go away. If it does, it will be an "Oh, duh!" moment. Why didn't I notice before that the spots were on almost exactly the same places on each arm and each leg? They're not on my torso, not on my shoulders, not on my face...just my lower arms (and moving up to my upper arms) and calves. If it was fleas, it would be on my shoulders, face, torso, etc. I hope it is the chromium picolinate. I can't afford a doctor visit right now.

Called the pharmaceutical company about copay assistance. Love Nutropin! Got the card to pay for the copays today. That's $40 more a month for fruits and vegetables. :) Wish Vyvanse was so helpful. Can't find any help at all for copays. With the specialist visit copays going up, $80 a month for Bird's medicine is really hard to come up with. Got half that sorted now looking for help for the rest.

My Secret Pal at work is the best. She gave me a USB Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamp. I don't know if it works or not but it sure is pretty sitting here on my desk. :)

So, as soon as my books come, I will be diving into Internet Business Fundamentals. I do have to ask, "What have I gotten myself into?" Scheduled my first two assessments and, if I pass those, I'll be at 3 courses down, 3 to go for this term and then I can start working ahead for next term. I'm not too worried about the essay and the research courses...it's the IT course that is stressing me right now.

Oooooo, pretty colors on my lamp :) Reduces stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment