RSS

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another day...

So, it's another day. Not a manic Monday, at least.

Looking for the sunny side can be difficult at times. Oldest comes into town for an early birthday celebration. We get 15 minutes (so she can pick up her present) and then we get to take her out to dinner at a restaurant that refuses to release full nutritional info for their offerings. They only offer it in states where it is legally required. Asked the server if they have anything in the store. She asked her manager who said it was available online. Uh...no. So, I tried to be safe and ordered one of the vaunted under 550 calorie meals. So salty might as well of been drinking seawater. Grease all over the plate. Ugh...but it was still lower fat, it seems, than some of the Weight Watcher offerings.

Needless to say, I was in a horrendous mood.

I know that, in a way, I'm being unreasonable. But, I have explained to oldest before how much it hurts when she marginalizes me and ignores me during the brief times she is home. She doesn't understand it and doesn't get it. If my own kids don't want to understand what I am going through and, maybe, give me a little help, how can anyone else?

So, today, I need to go do laundry, to do grocery shopping and some work for work. But, at noon, I sit here. However, in my defense, I did walk the dogs around the block (six tenths of a mile) and I haven't been able to do that in a long time. I also did the Wii Fit for a while.

Yesterday, I did research and discovered that fixing the washer will require a part that costs app $150. I don't think that a 15+ year old washer is worth that. So, I am in the market for a used one.

Anyway, to get my peace back, I must discover the silver lining and sunny street. I walked the dogs around the block. My back didn't hurt doing it. My dog is sleeping quietly beside me here on the couch, cuddled up (which is saying something for a 60+ pound doggie). The tsunami was, apparently, pretty much a bust. That's a good thing. And I am getting physically stronger and more in shape. I just need to work on the mental and the emotional. But, I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment