I like this time of day. It is early. No one else is up. The dogs are sleeping quietly, not understanding why in hell I am up out of my nice warm bed. Big Dog is sleeping here on the couch beside me, over his brief miff that I made him move from the nice comfy spot at the foot of my bed when I got up.
Cars aren't driving by. No one is walking their dogs by the house causing the dogs who live here to become offended at the temerity of those other canines to actually sniff and do other unspeakable acts in their yard.
I can hear the refrigerator cycling on and off, the sound of the furnace kicking on. It is blessedly quiet.
I used to prefer nighttime...about ten or so at night on weeknights, later on weekends. Now, my mother tends to stay up as long as I do. That has spoiled the night time and the dark for me. I loved the dark.
But, now, I can see the world gradually lightening out my window, hear the birds awakening.
That's why I set my alarm on the weekends, to see the world waking up and have my quiet.

No comments:
Post a Comment